Meal log for Saturday June 19, 2021:
- Kale salad with mini tomatoes, broccoli sprouts, avocado, and topped with homemade onion and carrot dressing.
- One thin slice of raisin bread topped with butter and some apricot jam.
- Two thin slices of this awesome bread – a half-sized boule – from Baguette Rabbit in Jiyugaoka, topped with butter and some apricot jam.
- Cappuccino made with oats milk.
- More or less opted for a bit of intermittent fasting.
- Small bowl of pub mix.
- Bowl of cheddar cheese and caramel flavored popcorn.
- Blackthroat Seaperch (nodogoro in Japanese) marinated in sweet vinegar, Mackerel marinated in salt and rice vingar (shime saba in Japanese).
- Japanese mustard spinach (komatsuna in Japanese) mixed with black sesame and soy koji.
- Mushroom and onion saute.
- Shredded Japanese radish strips with a special spongy tofu.
- Small ball of miso soup.
- One ochawan of rice
Although I should not have had the snack in between lunch and dinner, which obviously completely counteracts the entire point of the intermittent fast, overall this was a healthy menu. I neither feel uncomfortable, bloated, or guilty.
However, I am craving a glass of wine. I had been wanting to pickup a bottle of red and white wines, and considered visiting a local wine shop, but opted to steer clear of alcohol this weekend.