Friday Meeting Extravaganza

Due to a number of excruciatingly early morning meetings commencing at 6am I basically had no choice but to take a recovery day on the final day of the work week. While I would have much rather been out on the tarmac riding another 35-50k, my body likely needed the rest and relaxation due to a combination of multiple late nights followed by early wake-ups.

For the first night in quite some time my Oura ring claims I had a decent nights rest. This is encouraging because it complains daily about my apparently horrible sleeping habits. I rarely am capable of hitting a sleep rating in the 70’s much less an 81. This was also the first night in probably a year I slept for more than seven hours. My usual nightly intake is roughly six, give or take, so being able to hit seven will likely do wonders for my body.

I blocked off the entire afternoon, so my meetings will all be ending by 11:30am today. This will allow me to get out of the house and do some form of exercise. Since I have a haircut appointment for early afternoon, I will be walking quite a bit because it is just so much more convenient to utilize public transportation rather than drive. When I finish up, I may head to the gym for a bit of elliptical and some weight training since it has been way too long since I last did a traditional workout.

Thank goodness this week is finally coming to a close. Hope everyone has an awesome end to the week and an even better weekend.

You May Also Like
rain falling down upon umbrellas
Read More

Weary Wet Wednesday

When I hit the sack last night a torrent of water was falling down upon my balcony, but I expected it to let up sometime in the middle of the night, allowing me to hop on my S-Works Aethos at 5am and do somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-50k. Those hopes were dashed when I awoke at 4:15am only to find the rain had either not stopped, or decided to blanket the city with more terror.
Read More
sleeping in bed with smartphone while dog & cat watch
Read More

Terribly Tired Tuesday

Today I was unable to wake up and get out for a ride, feeling much more tired than normal at 4am. I actually did awake at that early hour, but was still feeling far too sleepy to actually pull myself out of bed. I ended up rolling over and drifting back into dreamsville for another ninety-ish minutes of sleep even though I do not feel terribly tired.
Read More
Read More

Sunday Cycling Situation

Sunday July Fourth ironically marks the fourth consecutive day of rain in Tokyo, and thus by extension, without a single revolution of Red Chameleon's crank. She, like me, has been sitting indoors anxiously awaiting the very moment we can roll out on the tarmac and get some exercise. Rainy season this year is not merely a nuisance like normal, but is turning into a fully fledged monster.
Read More